Sunday 23 January 2011

Mitch Albom

If there is one person I would like to meet this year it would be Mitch Albom. I'm a big fan of all his fantastic books. He has written many amazing and mind-blowing beautiful books about life, death, decisions and its consequences. They are eye opening, a kind of art in black inc on white pages that charmed me and may change your way of living and seeing the world. I therefore recommend everyone to read his books. They might not be written for everyone but my sister read all his books very fast after I recommended her to read his first book "Tuesdays with Morrie".  They are short but has a deep and beautiful message. 

Here are some quotes from his books. 


"No life is a waste. The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone."
 -- The Five People You Meet In Heaven

"One day spent with someone you love can change everything."
 -- For One More Day

"What is it about childhood that never lets you go? "
 -- For One More Day

"There is everything you know and there is everything that happens. When the two do not line up, you make a choice."
 -- For One More Day 

"Dying . . . is only one thing to be sad over. Living unhappily is something else."
 -- Tuesdays With Morrie


I first read "Tuesdays with Morrie", which still might be my favorite book of all times. It's about and old man, a young man and life's greatest lesson. After that I fast read all his other books: "For one more day"-“Every family is a ghost story . . ., "Five people you met in heaven" -All ending are beginnings. We just don't know it at the time... and his last published book "Have a little faith"- Have a Little Faith is a book about a life’s purpose; about losing belief and finding it again; about the divine spark inside us all. It is one man’s journey, but it is everyone’s story. .

I can't wait for Mitch Albom to write more books... but start by enjoy these four. You won't regret it! I promise.

1 comment:

  1. Great! I might finally have to actually read these... thanks for the tips,S!

    ReplyDelete